Service is ongoing because OLPH Cares
It is tradition at OLPH School to share with others who are less fortunate. Every year a variety of service projects provided by our teachers, students, and families instill the value of gift giving, especially to charities. These are projects OLPH School and Preschool has participated in, some of which we continue to contribute to while also adding new projects when disaster strikes:
- Food/Clothing items for Duroville in Mecca
- Food/Clothing items for needy families of OLPH Parish
- Food items for Martha’s Village and Kitchen
- Food/Clothing/Household items for Safe House of the Desert
- Food/Clothing items for Catholic Charities
- Donations for Holy Childhood Mission Association
- Cards/Gifts for families and soldiers at Twenty-nine Palms Marine Base
- Homemade gifts for the pediatric ward at John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
- Donations given to others in times of disaster, such as during the earthquake in Japan, tsunami in the Philippines, and fires in San Bernardino
In addition, classes visit hospitals and spend time with patients, sing Christmas carols, and present them with holiday cards.
Feel free to contact us for more information.