Important News and Updates
November 11, 2020
How Can Parents Help With Our Reopening?
Parent Maintenance Day: Saturday, November 21st, 8am-12pm
Thank you, OLPH parents! Many of you have reached out and offered to assist with our reopening and we thank you for that. We will definitely need parent assistance on Saturday, November 21st, when we will be holding our first of two Parent Maintenance days. For our new parents who are wondering, “What is Parent Maintenance Day? Parent maintenance days are when our families come together as a school community to assist with the cleaning and maintenance of our school classrooms and school grounds. We do mandate parents to come out to at least one of the three days offered (please refer to the parent handbook). It is customary that families are asked to bring their own supplies (tools, cleaners, brooms, etc.)
As you can imagine SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST, is going to be crucial to our school’s reopening. Due to COVID-19, our school is currently short-staffed and we are limited in resources to complete much-needed tasks around the school.
Our school needs assistance in the following areas:
*If any parents own a landscaping business we could greatly use your help! If you (or anyone you know) could provide assistance with this service please send them our way. We need assistance in the following areas which is more than our parents can take on during Maintenance Day.
- Back parking lot- Removal of trees and bushes
- Tree trimming of all smaller trees on campus
- Removal of large weeds or bushes on campus
Parent Maintenance Day Needs:
- Rearranging and moving classroom furniture (dollies needed)
- Trucks needed for removal of donation items to donation centers
- Grounds clean-up (gardening tools needed)
- Removal of small weeds around campus (gardening tools needed)
- Cleaning of the campus, parking lots cleaned and clearing of debris
- Power wash lunch tables and lunch table areas (1 pressure washer provided)
- Tighten lunch table screws and scrub and pressure wash lunch tables (tools & supplies needed)
- Pressure wash the school grounds (additional pressure washer welcomed)
- Clean out the storage bin and load furniture into the storage bin
- Clean out the storage closet (extra brooms needed)
- Rearrange the lunch tables to comply with social distance requirements
- Adjust student desks to proper height (allen wrench set needed)
- Move extra student desks to bring back into classrooms
- Clean kitchen (cleaning supplies needed)
- Clean spiderwebs inside and outside of school building (rags and broom needed)
- rake and pick up leaves under courtyard trees
Our small school depends on parents like you and we are so appreciative of your dedication and support, especially in difficult times like this!